Feature Suggestions & Feedback
30-05-2018, 06:07 AM
(29-05-2018, 10:37 AM)Aruseus493 Wrote:
(28-05-2018, 06:12 AM)SamZ Wrote:
(15-10-2017, 09:10 AM)Aruseus493 Wrote: Under the relation to other novels section, can you add Parent Story as a relation. Cause it's weird to label the main series as a "spin-off" when on the spin-off's page. For example:

http://lndb.info/light_novel/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo!_Extra_Ano_Orokamono_ni_mo_Kyakkou_wo!_Subarashiki_kana,_Mei_Wakiyaku

It would make more sense for the label to read Parent Story since the main series isn't a spin-off of the side volume.

For the main/parent series, the relation is meant to be left empty (none of the relations should be selected), and thus it appears with no relation, but it's also possible to have a new "Parent Story" relation.

So the question here, is empty vs "Parent Story" relation. What's your take on this?

I think a Parent label is more intuitive to users.

A "Main Story" option was added. Though I still kept the possibility of keeping the relation empty (in case no other relation describes it).
30-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Now I'm gonna request an Official English Title field for when a series is licensed. MAL has the same kind of field with the priority set as Official English Title > Original Publisher Engrish Title. Fan-translators tend to love to come up with their own titles which jumbles around and confuses people looking for the official English release.

Mod of /r/LightNovels on Reddit
30-05-2018, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2018, 03:45 PM by SamZ.)
(30-05-2018, 11:27 AM)Aruseus493 Wrote: Now I'm gonna request an Official English Title field for when a series is licensed. MAL has the same kind of field with the priority set as Official English Title > Original Publisher Engrish Title. Fan-translators tend to love to come up with their own titles which jumbles around and confuses people looking for the official English release.

I prefer that all titles other than the Japanese/Romaji title (or "official English title" (in case there's one mentioned on the Japanese covers)) be under associated titles. All licensed titles be it in English or any other language should be in associated titles.

I really do not like having the licensed title as the main light novel's title, and the Romaji title as associated titles. The main page's light novel title should always be the Romaji or in the rare case it's mentioned on the Japanese light novel covers, the official English title.
30-05-2018, 05:12 PM
(30-05-2018, 03:45 PM)SamZ Wrote:
(30-05-2018, 11:27 AM)Aruseus493 Wrote: Now I'm gonna request an Official English Title field for when a series is licensed. MAL has the same kind of field with the priority set as Official English Title > Original Publisher Engrish Title. Fan-translators tend to love to come up with their own titles which jumbles around and confuses people looking for the official English release.

I prefer that all titles other than the Japanese/Romaji title (or "official English title" (in case there's one mentioned on the Japanese covers)) be under associated titles. All licensed titles be it in English or any other language should be in associated titles.

I really do not like having the licensed title as the main light novel's title, and the Romaji title as associated titles. The main page's light novel title should always be the Romaji or in the rare case it's mentioned on the Japanese light novel covers, the official English title.

The issue I run into is with stuff like Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umare Kawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou where there are 3 valid English titles, but Yen Press only uses one of them. I'm not saying to require the licensed title as the main title, but at least a special field would be helpful for people interested in finding the title for checking if it's licensed purposes.

Mod of /r/LightNovels on Reddit
31-05-2018, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2018, 05:57 AM by SamZ.)
(30-05-2018, 05:12 PM)Aruseus493 Wrote:
(30-05-2018, 03:45 PM)SamZ Wrote:

The issue I run into is with stuff like Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umare Kawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou where there are 3 valid English titles, but Yen Press only uses one of them. I'm not saying to require the licensed title as the main title, but at least a special field would be helpful for people interested in finding the title for checking if it's licensed purposes.

I see, then I think this feature, which has been in the planned section for quite a while, answers what you are asking for:
- A section for licensed light novels (title, language and date of release).

A section, that includes the licensed title, language, ... Also possible to have the publisher name, the release date and title of each volume.
14-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Hi, I'd like to suggest adding more fields under the Online Stores section of cover/volume upload, mainly for ebook retailers. ex. Ebookjapan, Bookwalker, Booklive, etc. Also, jbook integrated into Honto and ended its services in 2014.
15-06-2018, 06:46 AM
(14-06-2018, 12:43 PM)viridiian Wrote: Hi, I'd like to suggest adding more fields under the Online Stores section of cover/volume upload, mainly for ebook retailers. ex. Ebookjapan, Bookwalker, Booklive, etc. Also, jbook integrated into Honto and ended its services in 2014.

Thanks viridiian, added the following to the planned features:
- Addition of the following online book stores: Ebookjapan, Bookwalker, Booklive, and Honto. jbook ended and should be removed.