Feature Suggestions & Feedback
28-05-2012, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2012, 07:08 AM by SamZ.)
Feel free to suggest changes/additions or give feedback concerning new additions/changes to the LNDB.info in this thread.
30-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Hello, I just discovered today the site. Hope to see it growing. Smile

Just wondering if it will be possible to implement some functions like the ones on the vndb.org database (which is about visual novels). Especially it would be excellent if there were the possibility to note an English/other language edition of a light novel and an upcoming release (or also an amateur translation such the ones from baka-tsuki).
31-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi, and welcome to the forum Smile

Ahh you mean, a releases section where you can mention the language of the upcoming licensed light novel, its title and its release date.

Seems like a pretty valid and good request. I added it to the Upcoming Features thread.
05-10-2012, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 10:17 AM by Amazing Buffalo.)
Again, not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but I'd like the ability to have non-integer volume numbers when posting cover images. I tried to enter 0.5 as the volume number for Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru 0.5 and it won't allow me. I've seen lots of light novels with ".5" volumes so I think it would be a good idea to include this. For now I just listed it as volume 12, as it's chronologically the twelfth volume of the series. Thanks.

Edit: Also many books come split in jou-chuu-ge division, like Horizon's volumes. I'm not sure what to do about that since that would involve adding non-number characters to the volume number.
05-10-2012, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM by SamZ.)
I'll make the volume number a free field, so anything can be entered there (numbers and characters). I think making it a float number is not enough since there are light novels out there that have volumes that are hard to represent with just a number, like the 3 parts volume 3 of Owari no Chronicle: http://lndb.info/light_novel/Owari_no_Chronicle
These volumes are:
3〈上〉
3〈中〉
3〈下〉
(I think these volumes would be better added as: 3 (first part), 3 (middle part) and 3 (last part) in the volume number. Edit: or jou/chuu/ge as you mentioned above Smile )

Thanks for or your suggestion Smile I'll add this to the list of upcoming features.
05-10-2012, 10:30 AM
(05-10-2012, 09:40 AM)Amazing Buffalo Wrote: Edit: Also many books come split in jou-chuu-ge division, like Horizon's volumes. I'm not sure what to do about that since that would involve adding non-number characters to the volume number.

Just saw your edit Smile and I think I addressed it in the above post Smile
22-01-2013, 02:07 AM
Hey I think it would be pretty sweet and helpful if you added personal reading lists for the users. Basically like what vndb has. You could have a want to read a currently reading and maybe even have a way of keeping track of what volume the user is on and such. I know I'd greatly appreciate it.
22-01-2013, 05:09 AM
(22-01-2013, 02:07 AM)alucarddracula1 Wrote: Hey I think it would be pretty sweet and helpful if you added personal reading lists for the users. Basically like what vndb has. You could have a want to read a currently reading and maybe even have a way of keeping track of what volume the user is on and such. I know I'd greatly appreciate it.

Like... Smile seems like a nice feature, so I'll add it to the list of features to be developed.

Also I'll be expanding the users' profiles; users will be able to add a profile image (image will appear in their profile and in the comments tab), and other data (including the want to read/reading list of light novels).
22-01-2013, 05:22 AM
(22-01-2013, 05:09 AM)SamZ Wrote:
(22-01-2013, 02:07 AM)alucarddracula1 Wrote: Hey I think it would be pretty sweet and helpful if you added personal reading lists for the users. Basically like what vndb has. You could have a want to read a currently reading and maybe even have a way of keeping track of what volume the user is on and such. I know I'd greatly appreciate it.

Like... Smile seems like a nice feature, so I'll add it to the list of features to be developed.

Also I'll be expanding the users' profiles; users will be able to add a profile image (image will appear in their profile and in the comments tab), and other data (including the want to read/reading list of light novels).

Thank you Smile And thanks for this site!
25-01-2013, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2013, 03:12 PM by Vento.)
Ahh I was about to suggest this but alucard beat me to it, I would definitely love a "tracking" system like the ones MAL or VNDB had, and it was definitely the first thing I was looking for when I stumbled upon this site. You could have an option to add the light novel into a list and categorize them by "plan to read", "currently reading", "finished", and so on, and a way to to keep track of the light novels and which volumes/chapters readers had last read. Also to add, I would love a scoring system implemented into it as well, perhaps a X/10 (10/10 - Masterpiece, 9/10 - Great, etc..) pattern where people can rate the light novels they read.