LNDB.info Forums
English Light Novels - Printable Version

+- LNDB.info Forums (http://forums.lndb.info)
+-- Forum: Light Novels (http://forums.lndb.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Light Novels (http://forums.lndb.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: English Light Novels (/showthread.php?tid=26302)

Pages: 1 2

English Light Novels - yukinojo - 16-09-2014

So there's news about a production studio called Black Sakura releasing a new light novel series in English. They are also working on translating it into Japanese. So it's a reverse process. I know most of the people who work for the studio and their releasing a light novel on the 25th of this month (September).
I'll be posting the info on it later when it releases.
Who here have read light novels that were written in English first?
Usually they aren't all that great and they aren't published.

RE: English Light Novels - kuuderes_shadow - 22-09-2014

Could you provide a link to this series/information about it?

RE: English Light Novels - yukinojo - 26-09-2014

(22-09-2014, 01:41 AM)kuuderes_shadow Wrote: Could you provide a link to this series/information about it?

it's on here actually. the light novel is called, S.
the official links are in the wiki on this site. i made the page recently.

http://lndb.info/light_novel/S

RE: English Light Novels - SamZ - 26-09-2014

Can you please provide a link to the publisher and label?

RE: English Light Novels - yukinojo - 28-09-2014

(26-09-2014, 07:03 PM)SamZ Wrote: Can you please provide a link to the publisher and label?

I don't have one. They didn't tell me about it. I know that in February the light novel is being released under Blurb. Right now the light novel isn't actually out. it's just the release of the first chapter. the full volume comes out in February. Blurb will be the actual label. I think the author is self-publishing through Blurb. that's all I know.

RE: English Light Novels - SamZ - 28-09-2014

(28-09-2014, 01:08 AM)yukinojo Wrote:
(26-09-2014, 07:03 PM)SamZ Wrote: Can you please provide a link to the publisher and label?

I don't have one. They didn't tell me about it. I know that in February the light novel is being released under Blurb. Right now the light novel isn't actually out. it's just the release of the first chapter. the full volume comes out in February. Blurb will be the actual label. I think the author is self-publishing through Blurb. that's all I know.

I have gone ahead and removed one of the uploaded covers, seems to have been uploaded twice. Is the uploaded image actually the cover of the volume that will be released in February? If not then it should be removed and replaced with the the cover that will be released in February (when such image is available). The same applies for the publisher and label, if they aren't the actual publisher/label of the light novel, then this info should be changed to the actual publisher/label.

Edit:

The publication labels section should only be used for actual publisher/label and the official start/end release dates of volumes (actual books) to the market, and is not meant for online/web serialization.

I'm going ahead and adding this as a planned feature to be added to the website:
- Addition of an online/web serialization section that has the following fields: start and end dates, website name, website link, number of chapters currently released, and number of volumes.

RE: English Light Novels - yukinojo - 28-09-2014

(28-09-2014, 06:34 AM)SamZ Wrote:
(28-09-2014, 01:08 AM)yukinojo Wrote:

I have gone ahead and removed one of the uploaded covers, seems to have been uploaded twice. Is the uploaded image actually the cover of the volume that will be released in February? If not then it should be removed and replaced with the the cover that will be released in February (when such image is available). The same applies for the publisher and label, if they aren't the actual publisher/label of the light novel, then this info should be changed to the actual publisher/label.

Edit:

The publication labels section should only be used for actual publisher/label and the official start/end release dates of volumes (actual books) to the market, and is not meant for online/web serialization.

I'm going ahead and adding this as a planned feature to be added to the website:
- Addition of an online/web serialization section that has the following fields: start and end dates, website name, website link, number of chapters currently released, and number of volumes.

i understand. as far as i know, that will be the actual cover. if anything, it might get slightly altered, though i doubt it.
I don't know what the end date would be since this will be the course of a 2 years I think. I just know what volume 1 and 2 will release in 2015. with Volume 1 on February, Volume 2 I think is in July. Volume 3 may be in December, but I have no clue right now.

RE: English Light Novels - Maverynthia - 28-09-2014

Ugh ENGLISH light novels? Aren't there tons of other places to post those? (Goodreads, Amazon, Tumblr, MyAnimeList, etc.) I can see a flood of English novels clogging up people trying to find ONLY Japanese/Korean/Chinese Light Novels to maybe read or translate.

Besides. I view English LNs as just "novels". Light Novels to me have a specific meaning just like manga VS Western Comics, because any and every NaNoWriMo is a 'light novel'.

If anything segregate them from the main list of LNs so people can exclude them from any and all searches please. Like how VNDB has a "Original Language" search setting to exclude OELVNs

RE: English Light Novels - SamZ - 29-09-2014

(28-09-2014, 09:30 PM)Maverynthia Wrote: Ugh ENGLISH light novels? Aren't there tons of other places to post those? (Goodreads, Amazon, Tumblr, MyAnimeList, etc.) I can see a flood of English novels clogging up people trying to find ONLY Japanese/Korean/Chinese Light Novels to maybe read or translate.

Besides. I view English LNs as just "novels". Light Novels to me have a specific meaning just like manga VS Western Comics, because any and every NaNoWriMo is a 'light novel'.

If anything segregate them from the main list of LNs so people can exclude them from any and all searches please. Like how VNDB has a "Original Language" search setting to exclude OELVNs

There's no option currently to specify the original language of the light novel series (since there was no need for it so far), but I'll be adding it as a planned feature. Currently the "Advanced Search" feature is under work, and will have the option to search/filter by original language (Japanese (default) / English / Chinese/ Korean / ...) once this option is added.

RE: English Light Novels - yukinojo - 12-04-2015

hey so about that light novel, it's been released officially in April by Black Sakura. the link is here: http://blur.by/1xuqKfY to get it (the PDF is free but through a different link). i was wondering if it's okay if i update the system? can you delete the other entry that was named S?